Springfield Armorys SAINT AR-15 series expands to include the SAINT EDGE SBR, featuring an 11.5 CMV light-weight profiled 1:8 twist barrel that is Melonite finished inside and out for the ultimate in corrosion resistance. This configuration was selected as the best balance between length and ballistic performance of the 5.56 cartridge.
The SAINT EDGE SBR, with its lightened billet lower, provides superior accuracy thanks in part to a free-float handguard featuring Springfields rock-solid proprietary attachment system. With four attachment points anchoring it to the barrel nut, this M-LOK compatible handguard was designed to withstand the hard use of law enforcement and military operations. Under the handguard is Springfields pinned multi/mode adjustable gas block for suppressed or unsuppressed use.
Machined from aircraft grade 7075 T6 aluminum and Type III hard coat anodized, the lower receiver is equipped with the Accu-Tite tension system, which reduces movement between the upper and lower receiver. No corners were cut on the MPT (magnetic particle tested) enhanced M16 bolt carrier group the heart of any premium AR. This BCG is finished with super-hard Melonite and carries a 9310 steel bolt.
The SAINT EDGE SBR billet lower features QD mounts machined into the receiver and weight reducing cuts that lighten it by two ounces. An ambidextrous 90-degree safety and extended mid-sized charging handle add features that are popular among tactical shooters. The trigger is an exclusive proprietary short-reset single stage design with a crisp and precise feel. A Bravo Company stock, pistol grip and Magpul Gen M3 PMAG finish off this combat grade short-barreled rifle.
For those looking for light, tight and quick-handling short-barreled rifle with top quality features throughout, the SAINT EDGE SBR with its lightweight billet-lower receiver is the ultimate hard use combat carbine.
- Caliber 5.56x45mm NATO (.223REM)
- Length 27.5" - 30.75"
- Weight (with Empty Magazine) 5 lbs 9 oz
- Upper receiver Forged Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Aluminum Flat Top w/ Forward Assist & M4 Feed Ramps
- Lower Receiver:SA Proprietary Machined Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Billet w/ Accu-Tite Tension System & QD Swivel Mounting Points
- Barrel: 11.5" CMV, Melonite Internally & Externally, A2 Flash Hider / 1:8 Twist
- Gas System : SA Proprietary Low Profile Carbine Length Adjustable Gas Block
- Trigger: Springfield Armory Proprietary, Modular Match Short Reset Single Stage
- Sights : Not Included
- Trigger Guard: Integral to Receiver
- Pistol grip:Bravo Company Mod 3
- Handguard: Unique SA Proprietary Patent-Pending, Full Length Aluminum Free Floating w/ SA Locking Tabs, M-Lok
- Butt Stock: Bravo Company Gunfighter
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine "H" Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Receiver Extension: Mil-Spec Carbine Receiver Extension, 7075 T6 Type III Hard Anodized Aluminum
- Charging Handle: SA Proprietary Mid SIze
- Bolt Carrier Group: Enhanced M16 Melonite Finish, MPT, 9310 Steel Bolt
- Magazine: 1-30 Round PMAG Gen M3
We are proud to participate in Springfield Armory's LE/Military/1st Responder program which offers Springfield Armory weapons at significant discounts to eligible customers. Eligible customers are:
- Military: Active, Reserve, NG, Retired
- Law Enforcement: Federal, State, and Local Active or Retired Sworn Officers
- Corrections Officers including Parole and Probation Officers
- Firefighters, Paramedics, and EMTs
- Licensed Federal, State, City and Private Armed Security Officers
- Court Judges
- LE Academy Cadets
Springfield Armory's program requires that dealers submit copies of proof of customer eligibility to Springfield Armory. By participating in the program and submitting proof of eligibility, you acknowledge that your purchase information, including serial number will be sent to and kept on file by Springfield Armory.
You MUST qualify as one of the above in order to purchase LE/MIL weapons under the program. In accordance with our manufacturer agreements, we are only permitted to sell LE/Mil program weapons to eligible individuals.