Leupold VX-2 Overview
The matte black 3-9x50 VX-2 Riflescope from Leupold is designed for medium-range targeting and features the Leupold Quantum Optical System with index matched lenses to maximize light transmission. The wide 50 mm objective adds to the light-gathering capabilities and low-light performance of this scope. The rugged design is bolstered by the use of DiamondCoat protective lens coatings and water and fogproof performance is ensured by the use of an argon/krypton gas mixture.
The externally threaded fast-focus eyepiece is designed for rapid focusing
This scope features a Duplex reticle.
- Actual magnification: 3.2-8.8x
- Objective lens: 50 mm diameter
- Main tube diameter: 1"
- Eye relief: 4.2-3.6"
- Quantum Optical System: Index matched, lead-free elements designed to maximize light transmission
- Index Matched: different lens coatings are specified based on the lens’ index of refraction, placement, and function for maximum light transmission
- Blackened Lens Edges: reduce unwanted glare and diffusion through the lens edges to provide better resolution, improved contrast
- BAS (Ballistic Aiming System): takes into account the variables crucial to accurate, long-range shooting; a special ballistics indicator ring allows users to customize their power settings for their cartridge’s ballistics, then saves that setting
- Duplex reticle: thick outer posts, thin crosshairs
Use and Handling
- 1/4 MOA/click impact point correction: finger click adjustments for windage and elevation offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of use
- 56 MOA windage/elevation adjustment range
- Externally threaded fast-focus eyepiece for rapid focusing
- One-piece housing made of 6061-T6 aluminum
- 2nd Generation Argon/Krypton Waterproofing: special Argon/Krypton gas blend designed to eliminate the effects of thermal shock while reducing the diffusion of gases sealed inside the scope
- Lead Free: eco-friendly lead-free glass lenses avoid damaging by-products common to standard glass production
- DiamondCoat: protective lens coating for higher light transmission and abrasion resistance