Premier components for quick-handling, improved accuracy, and performance comparable to custom AR builds costing much more. At just over 6 lbs. the Edge is one of the lightest AR-15's on the market, featuring a patent-pending free float handguard and billet receiver with lightening cuts for effortless operation. An SA proprietary muzzle brake virtually eliminates recoil, while the Melonite-treated trigger allows for a crisp trigger press with no creep. The Accu-Tite tension system ensures a tight fit with no rattle between the upper and lower receivers, paired with a premium M16 BCG that has been shot-peened and MPI tested for reliability. Adjustable pinned gas block, 1:8 twist, flared mag well, metal flip-up sights and Bravo Company furniture.
- Caliber 5.56x45mm NATO (.223REM)
- Length 35.5" Fully Extended / 32.25" Collapsed
- Weight (with Empty Magazine) 6lbs 3oz
- Upper receiver Forged Type III Hard Coat Anodized Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Aluminum Flat Top w/ Forward Assist & M4 Feed Ramps
- Lower Receiver:SA Proprietary Machined Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Billet w/ Accu-Tite Tension System & QD Swivel Mounting Points
- Barrel: 16" 1:8 Twist, LT WT Profile, CMV Melonite Finish Internally & Externally - Unique SA Multiport Muzzle Brake
- Gas System : Mid Length, Low Profile Multi/Mode Adjustable Gas Block
- Trigger: Springfield Armory Proprietary, Modular Match Short Reset Single Stage
- Sights : Springfield Armory Low Profile Flip-Up Rear, Dual Aperture Sights, 1/2 MOA Windage Adj. & Flip-Up Front, 1/2 MOA Elevation Adj.
- Trigger Guard: Integral to Receiver
- Pistol grip:Bravo Company Mod 3
- Handguard: Unique SA Proprietary Patent-Pending, Full Length Aluminum Free Floating w/ SA Locking Tabs, M-Lok
- Butt Stock: Bravo Company Mod 0 SOPMOD
- Buffer Assembly: Carbine "H" Heavy Tungsten Buffer
- Receiver Extension: Mil-Spec Carbine Receiver Extension, 7075 T6 Type III Hard Anodized Aluminum
- Charging Handle: SA Proprietary Mid SIze
- Bolt Carrier Group: Enhanced M16 Melonite Finish, MPT, 9310 Steel Bolt
- Magazine: 1-30 Round PMAG Gen M3
We are proud to participate in Springfield Armory's LE/Military/1st Responder program which offers Springfield Armory weapons at significant discounts to eligible customers. Eligible customers are:
- Military: Active, Reserve, NG, Retired
- Law Enforcement: Federal, State, and Local Active or Retired Sworn Officers
- Corrections Officers including Parole and Probation Officers
- Firefighters, Paramedics, and EMT's
- Licensed Federal, State, City and Private Armed Security Officers
- Court Judges
- LE Academy Cadets
Springfield Armory's program requires that dealers submit copies of proof of customer eligibility to Springfield Armory. By participating in the program and submitting proof of eligibility, you acknowledge that your purchase information, including serial number will be sent to and kept on file by Springfield Armory.
You MUST qualify as one of the above in order to purchase LE/MIL weapons under the program. In accordance with our manufacturer agreements, we are only permitted to sell LE/Mil program weapons to eligible individuals.